Sunday, August 22, 2010

I met with my publisher!

Yes, I met with my publisher on Tuesday. After the meeting I was totally exhausted. The book will be ready for release around Thanksgiving. But there are a few things that I have to do before that. I have to come up with 12 people that the publisher well send early release copies too and hope they will send back a good comment on the book. I have to write my own Bio, which I'm sure will be short and sweet. At our next meeting we will decide on a cover and oh yes, I did give him a new picture of myself to be put on the back cover.
After the book is published he will set up a release party and a number of signings at local book stores etc. I'm exhausted just thinking about that but then I think it will be fun too. He promised to do promotion with press releases to newspaper, radio and T.V. stations and print up fliers and cards that I can send out to people that I want to come see me.
It is a good thing George is getting better because I'm going to be very busy. Yes, he is doing quite well. He didn't fall this week at all. haha. Parris and Amber, Laura's girls are off to college and we won't see them until Christmas. They have been a light in our lives and George especially will miss them.
Well, I hope that is enough of an update for tonight. Good night to all you bloggers out there in cyber land.

No comments:

Post a Comment