Friday, March 18, 2016

Book Signings for Dummies Yes, I did a book signing today. I always wonder why it is that people come into a book store and when they see an author sitting at a table with books piled up in front of them, they turn their head away and make a bee-line in the other direction. Why come to a book store unless your looking for books, unless your looking for videos, CD's or toys. Those are all things book stores sell besides books. Oh well, I enjoyed my signing today at Hastings on the South Hill in Spokane. They give me a free drink, my drink of choice is always a Mocha Frappe, and they made it a tall one which lasted me the whole 2 hours that I was there. I did sell 2 books! That might not seem like much to you but I worked hard to sell them. I gave away a lot of bookmarks, handing them out to almost everyone that walked in the door. With my big smile and giving them my 30 second pitch. The highlight of my time there was when a high school girl asked me how I got to be a writer and how hard was it to get published. I was happy to encourage her and she encouraged me too. Book signings may be for dummies but I'll keep doing them just for the pleasure of meeting at least one person that appreciates reading a good book and might want to read one of mine. Cheers to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment