Monday, March 23, 2015

Good Books and Birthdays

     Good morning on this gray, rainy day. The sun is shinning in me, however, since I had a wonderful weekend at the Christian Writers Conference in Spokane Valley. Then yesterday afternoon I spent celebrating my great-granddaughters 10th birthday.
     When I was a child I always got one wonderful gift from my parents and a card in the mail containing one dollar from my grandparents. Of course a party with my school friends, they all would bring a small gift probably costing less than one dollar. It was always a wonderful time, of course Mom always baked me a cake from scratch.
     My G-granddaughter's party looked like Christmas, all in pink. I did give her a birthday card with a few dollars in it, after all a girl needs a little money in her pocket just in case she had her heart set on something that we failed to bestow on her. Since this was her third party, I volunteered to bring the cake. When I moved into my retirement apartment I gave all my baking pans to Good Will. Safeway makes the best cakes anyway and decorates them just the way you want. The girl had so many gifts she couldn't see over the top of them and I must confess I helped in the abundance. The nice thing was that she seemed to love each item and thanked everyone. I keep saying that's the reason we have children, so we can have grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
     Friday and Saturday before the birthday party I attended the Christian Writers Conference. What a blessing, my mind is still so full I hope it doesn't explode. James L. Rupart was the key-note speaker, he really pumped us up. He writes fiction on Spiritual Warfare a favorite subject of mine. Brandilyn Collins, love her books, was there and I was able to purchase 2 of her books that I hadn't read. If you dear reader are looking for a new book I highly recommend these authors.
     The calendar says spring is here, it seems it always brings a little rain with it. Rainey days are great for reading a good book. If you, dear are engrossed in anything exciting let me know. I'm always looking for a good read especially if it's a mystery.
    


No comments:

Post a Comment